Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have an '01 build Designo edition in shiny black, and the love affair has gone on for two years and showing no signs of cooling off.

She's perfect but has a bit of a lumpy tick over; nothing shows on MB diagnostics, and a couple of guys had suggested changing HT leads which hasn't really made any difference.

Can any other owner comment on how smooth their tick over is at idle, warm or cold ? Mine feels like it's occasionally missing a beat, but goes like stink once given the gas...

Anyone had issues with fuse 23 cutting out and losing the supercharger - I can help on that one !

Thanks

S

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta. Other 32 owners are here and you have plenty of company from the UK!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Coming over your side of the pond in a couple of weeks, in N Carolina....

So do you feel any beat at tick over or is all Mercedes smooth for you ?

S

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome - I happened to see a very nice Yellow '32 this weekend, and it sounded as smooth as any other R170/171 when she cranked her up.

·
Registered 2011 SLK350
179 Posts
Hi All

I have an '01 build Designo edition in shiny black, and the love affair has gone on for two years and showing no signs of cooling off.

She's perfect but has a bit of a lumpy tick over; nothing shows on MB diagnostics, and a couple of guys had suggested changing HT leads which hasn't really made any difference.

Can any other owner comment on how smooth their tick over is at idle, warm or cold ? Mine feels like it's occasionally missing a beat, but goes like stink once given the gas...

Anyone had issues with fuse 23 cutting out and losing the supercharger - I can help on that one !

Thanks

S
I highly reccomend you give ollie a call on 02392 570123 Prestige car services in Horndean near portsmouth England
He is one of the top guys on mercs in the south of england.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
When you describe a ticking sound, maybe it's valve tap. It could be the quality of oil used.
or if the car hasnt been used for a while, I didnt use my SLK for a month and when I first started it the ticking sound was terribly loud and after 5 minutes it went away.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A very warm welcome from oop norf!

John(UK C200) - your 55 sounded pretty cool when I was following you on Saturday too - a lovely burble sound when you opened her up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I highly reccomend you give ollie a call on 02392 570123 Prestige car services in Horndean near portsmouth England
He is one of the top guys on mercs in the south of england.
Cheers for that - It's a fair drive from here to Portsmouth way, but I might give him a call and see if he has any ideas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi and welcome

I've not experienced any noisey tick over on mine but good luck and please let us know what you find out? :Beer:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.