Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I've decided on doing a resonator delete and was wondering if any of you had experience with this and what the pricing was, how much weight was saved, if the new noise was satisfactory, your experience with muffler shop etc. and was also curious as to whether I could retrofit quad exhausts on my car. As far as I know, the tow hook and tire fit kit area would need to be modified by a body shop, does anyone have experience with this? (can't find threads anywhere). Thanks in advance guys!

Sincerely,
Kplaya

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any exhaust work on an SLK32 AMG is pretty much a waste. Removing all 4 cats is supposed to yield 15hp. The people who know say to leave the resonator and stock muffler there as there is no gain changing them, thus you find no to little info about that. Take a tape measure and run it into an exhaust tip and then check the measurement against the length of the muffler. I did this today as I wanted to remove the resonator and change the muffler to a nice Borla. The stock muffler is straight through. That is why no power is gained by replacing it.
For power on a car that has no mods the best are:
First: Call Eurocharged and ask if they will do m the 65mm SC pulley and tune with USB to OBDII cable for their $650. price. Biggest bang for the buck. Needswings DCAI is costly but insulated it will bring cooler air into the motor. These will add 50hp to that car. Why hack the stock bumper. Quad exhaust will just be spending money for no gain and no weight savings with the extra pipe and muffler. Just mt experience and humble opinion, mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.