Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first attempt at making a car video...

In preparation of my new Eisenmann exhaust, I made the "before" video today so we can have a good comparison in the different sounds.

I used my friend's GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition camera with a suction cup mount on the trunk lid. I must admit, I was a bit nervous that it would fall off somewhere along the drive (and damage the paint on my bumper) haha who cares about his camera...

Anyway it was surprisingly easy to use and the quality was excellent! The suction cup mount was super strong, (Why can't they make radar detector mounts like this?) I gave it a few tugs and can envision pulling the paint off the panel with this for sure. I even let it heat up in the hot sun for an hour to see if it would soften the grip but it did not!

I can see making many more videos in the future as I might just have to go out and buy one myself.

Findings: I find that I cannot hear the exhaust much while driving, and now I know why. The AMG exhaust is pretty quiet. Maybe they designed it this way on purpose, to be in line with a luxury car's image. The only low tones come from below 2500rpms (you can hear it as I slow down in the video).

Can't wait to get the Eisenmann put on and put it through the exact same scenario, I'll update this video with the comparison.

Let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,258 Posts
It sounds great! Remember the meet at Daytona how awesome it sounded when you passed Kyle?

Preston wants to know what you are doing with your old exhaust? He'll catch you on FB!

Can't wait to see you at our Space Coast Meet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts