Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a double exhaust with a single oval tip but I want to change it for a double tip the same as the slk32 amg has any one know where I can get one ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ask around in your area for exhaust manufacturers, maybe you can get a similar design like the slk32 amg or some other style you would like. Or look for brand new/used slk 32 in the web, mercedes stores or the scrapyards in your area.

Also when I was in the uk, guys in the shop "carnoisseur" was helpful, maybe you can ask them to source this part for you.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Only if you put on the decal from the exhaust tip company. The slick surface of the decal reduces wind resistance.
I was lucky, and got three stickers with my exhaust.
I can't even begin to work out how much power that liberated, but it must be almost 1000 (10^3).
Where can I get more of these stickers?
Does a clear-bra have the same effect?
:dunno:

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Ahem.
Sorry about that.

You asked for tips;
First one is don't ask a question when people are in a flippant mood!
Second is that the SLK32 is a V6, so will have a different exhaust; I realise you only want the tips to match.

There are many routes top this; depends on the alignment of your existing tip in the slot.
Mine has the existing tip to one side, so I would have to re-make the back-box assembly to get a different tip.
You may be lucky, and have your existing tip in the centre, in which case you can bolt on an after-market goodie. Or take off your pipe, and get a proper one welded on. Probably come to about 50 GBP.

The final one is to get a replacement back-box assembly; Powerflow would be 200 GBP for that, but I've heard stock is much cheaper (!)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any luck deciding how you are going to progress?
And suppliers?
Hi not as yet but have got the slk 32 amg spoiler for the boot sorted at a great price of £24 inc p&p from Taiwan sprayed the same color as my car and it came in about 5 day and looks great :bannana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.