Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, I can adjust the minutes (pulling the adjusting knob out and to the right). When standard time came, I just wanted to adjust the hour (pull knob out and rotate left). After a number of attempts, I got it to advance a couple of hours but now its dead. The clock is stuck 3 hours ahead. Anyone else have problems with the R170 clock adjustment knob? If so, is there a fix? (besides replacing the instrument cluster at great expense!)

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clock Adjust Does Work

Thanks for the advice guys! If you really twist hard on the adjuster, it does work. You just have to hope it doesn't snap off in your hand!

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
After a week of trying to change the time I finally got it working.
It seems that after some time the knob becomes hard to operate.
Don't force it!!
What worked for me was Pull Up, Twist(left or right), Push In(slightly until it kind of clicks) then proceed to Pull Up and Push In to advance the clock.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes, have the same problem. Clock adjustment knob doesn't work =( Tried left, right. No response :-( Is there any way to fix it?!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Quick workaround. Unplug battery or associated fuse at midnight

:tu:
It works now!!!! Don't know what helped but it works!!!
Recently my battery died and I had to charge it overnight. Then couple days later I was sitting in my car and started playing with the clock again. I started turning the adjustment knob a little harder than usual (thought, what the heck - it doesn't work anyway =)) ) and voilà! it started working!!!!! Minutes and hours!!!!! GRrrrrreat!!!!!!!

Thank you for advice here!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.