Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone near the ORLANDO, FLORIDA area with one of the special hand code reader for the SRS air bag system?

Tried a small import garage down the street (left unnamed) who wanted $26 just to do a 5 minute (if that much reset of the light).

I need something or a reader which might be able to pull codes if at all possible as to why this SRS light is one.

No - directed at other prior posts regarding a fat buttocks being in the seat without a seat belt connected...it is not the seat belt or small air bag light down on the console between the seats.

It is the red SRS light in the dash, next to the yellow CHECK ENGINE light.

Hopefully I have posted this in the correct area of this vast Mercedes Benz forum. Woe is he who dares so much as to wander OFF TOPIC, or worse, post in another forum without OWNING that type of car.

I thought we were all MB car owners helping each other out....

I have an SLK, CLK - so I dare not wander into any other forum to read or respond to posts there.

Not my sandbox, so I don't make the rules, but come on - we are ALL MB owners of various makes and models.

This is akin to me going over to the Cadillac Escalade forum site and posting in the 2wd section while mine is the ESV AWD. Borderline ridiculous. not how I would run a site,
but....not my house. (Whoops, mentioned Escalade in a post meant for only SLK230 car only.)

5 yard penalty....

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,891 Posts
Advanced Auto and Pep Boys will read it for free.

If you have problems posting in the proper thread, just ask a moderator before you post.

Attitudes are not welcome on this forum, only helpful information is.

Thanks,

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,056 Posts
As mentioned,

You had originally posted this in the r170 DIY section
I moved it here where it is now
A DIY would have step by step instructions and pictures how to do a diy

If you ever have a question, please message me or another moderator
No one is out to get you but as a new member, sometimes posts/threads are not in the right place
I have been here 12 years doing this and I aim to please and assist
Happy thoughts and attitudes always win.

Complaints, per forum rules, should be sent in the form of a private message.

Let's talk about the
general discussion section before that topic comes up

for a thread to appear in the general discussion section, it must pertain to ALL 3 generations of the slk/slc, the r170, the r171 and the r172

Otherwise the thread belongs in the dedicated general discussion section of
r170 general discussion
r171 general discussion
or
r172 general discussion sections

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,056 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,611 Posts
We strive to keep things in order so the next person with the same. or similar, issue can find it easier.

The same folk who do this are often the first to try and assist to resolve the problem, or call in the experts.

Note:- ALL moderators are unpaid volunteers.

A link to the forum rules: Mercedes Benz SLK Forum - FAQ: vBulletin FAQ

From which:

2. Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

3. Stay respectful. If you feel something negative towards a user/post, please try to state your case in a calm and respectable fashion. Replying to the post just to stir the pot and not offering anything of value is highly frowned upon.

9. Attacking Forum Moderators:
Posting a thread or reply to question or criticize moderator or administrator actions is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board's Private Message function, or e-mail, if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hopefully I have posted this in the correct area of this vast Mercedes Benz forum. Woe is he who dares so much as to wander OFF TOPIC, or worse, post in another forum without OWNING that type of car.

I thought we were all MB car owners helping each other out....

I have an SLK, CLK - so I dare not wander into any other forum to read or respond to posts there.

Not my sandbox, so I don't make the rules, but come on - we are ALL MB owners of various makes and models.

This is akin to me going over to the Cadillac Escalade forum site and posting in the 2wd section while mine is the ESV AWD. Borderline ridiculous. not how I would run a site,
but....not my house. (Whoops, mentioned Escalade in a post meant for only SLK230 car only.)

5 yard penalty....
You might be too sensitive to own a 20 year old sports car.........

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
Mentioned you could send a PM but better next week as I have an Autel coming in hopefully on Saturday. Heck I am not even supposed to mention my R170 clone here but is important to find one device that can test all of my D-C cars. And then there is another forum where only my pre-1993 cars are welcome. And only one makes a good tow vehicle for my camping trailer forum. Something for everyone.

Have been wanting to find out if my 38 pin to 16 pin adapter is good for anything.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
924 Posts
I have the same SRS light on mine. There is a wire under the passenger seat on the R171 that breaks and I am 99% sure that is my problem. Have you looked in to anything like that? I do have torque pro to read codes, but I haven't tried it on the MB yet to see how detailed it gets. I am looking to get the big code reader in the future as I have 2 MB in the family now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.