Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a version 1 sprintbooster arriving soon and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an installation write up. I have used the search bar and didn't find specific instructions. I found a couple blurry pictures of one installed. I know I am supposed to remove the accelerator and it plugs in somewhere behind that but I don't want to get into it until I know exactly what to do since this is my daily.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,361 Posts

·
96,361 Posts
best i can do. their instructions are pretty generic

Once you see what is needed to do the install you will say that is easy!

Tools:

Flashlight
Small flat head screwdriver
10MM Socket
Med. Extension
Ratchet
(Vacuum )

- Pull plastic pin out from the gas pedal by using the flat head screwdriver (Your pin may be on the other side of the pedal. I think I put it in backwards when I replaced the pedal covers.
- Remove 10mm Nut
- Lift gas pedal assembly off the threaded stud
- Pull pedal assembly down and out revealing the wiring harness
- Pinch the sides of the wiring harness to release
- Plug in/attach the Sprint booster wiring harness to the appropriate ends
- Stuff the SB and cables up in the area to the right of the pedals (It is a tight space)
- Reassemble the pedal just as it was removed.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I've heard pros and cons about the Sprintbooster. Based on the cars ability to learn your driving style, as well as the ability to reset the acceleration "memory", it seems like a waste of money to me. But, if you notice a difference SirClass, by all means, share with the class. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so this is what I have so far, I dont see any wires that are attached to the accelerator pedal, anyone care to shed some light?

·
2,624 Posts
Looks like you have plenty of light...it's the connections you're lacking. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation to be a smart:butt:. Plus, I'm bored at work. :D

·
96,361 Posts
I don't have one but per the instructions above, you already did this?

Remove 10mm Nut
- Lift gas pedal assembly off the threaded stud
- Pull pedal assembly down and out revealing the wiring harness

and you received the speed booster already? does it's adapter look like it would plug into the wiring harness?

- Pinch the sides of the wiring harness to release
- Plug in/attach the Sprint booster wiring harness to the appropriate ends

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was able to figure it out, i feel really dumb though
so when the pedal is pushed down, it pulls a cable, that goes through the firewall and into the engine bay, which is attached to the unit that send the signal. that's where the springbooster plugs in (see photo)

·
2,624 Posts
i was able to figure it out, i feel really dumb though
so when the pedal is pushed down, it pulls a cable, that goes through the firewall and into the engine bay, which is attached to the unit that send the signal. that's where the springbooster plugs in (see photo)
Broken link. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to their website it sits onto top of the gas pedal, where the wiring goes from the pedal in to the car, there is no mention of going into the engine bay at all

·
2,624 Posts
According to their website it sits onto top of the gas pedal, where the wiring goes from the pedal in to the car, there is no mention of going into the engine bay at all
I believe the prefacelift 2000 (and earlier) goes in the engine bay, while the facelifted 2000+ goes directly under the pedal. Thanks for making so many changes mid-stream MB. :td:

·
2,624 Posts
Broken link. :(
Oops...my bad...the IT police are blocking the site. They should be knocking on my door any moment now. :biglaugh:

Edit: Yes, much better, thank you! :)

·
96,361 Posts
Hey! I already enlarged it in post #10!

·
96,361 Posts
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
2,624 Posts
so, does the sprint booster work?
is there a lot of differemce?
It's snake oil...don't waste your money.

It will initially "appear" to increase your performance level, but the ECU will just readjust itself based on your driving habits. So, you won't end up with any lasting gains and you'll be right back where you were before installing it...plus a couple hundred bucks lighter. :crying:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.