Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Seems like my SLK's PSE got flooded last night since central lock stopped working.

The main problem now is the fact that I can't open the boot to get there... seems like no one was trying to open the boot lid manually using the key since '98. Key is stuck around halfway into the lock (tried with two keys and one spare). What is even worst i can't even open the fuel cap to tank it.

Any idea on how I can open every lock manually? I heard that in some benzes, PSE cables are going through the doors so it's possible to manually blow some air into them to open all locks. Some other guy told me the only way to get there is to destroy the lock.

Thanks ahead.
Bartosz

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,411 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

We’d like you to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car) free.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
98,411 Posts
someone will suggest wd-40 and soak it good

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.
tried the "easy way" with WD40 and other rust removal sprays for 3 days already. Seems like something is stuck in the lock itself since, the key can't go further after reaching a certain point (around half of it).

Actually the information from the local benz service was:

1. pump the air into the PSE system of your car to unlock all the locks or,
2. cut a small hole under registration plate to reach the lock from inside.

Any other suggestions?

Best,
Bartosz

·
98,411 Posts
other r170 owners will chime in. Have you tried a locksmith?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called 8 guys already. Everyone said they won't do it and it should be the matter of cleaning the lock or destroying it completely. But... they're locksmiths not SLK experts - i just thought that there may be some other, let's say SLK-specific solution for that?

·
98,411 Posts
someone will reply.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the pull out blind in the boot is not retracted you can open the boot by opening
the roof

If you cannot do this I know how fool the roof into thinking the blind is pulled out
but it's not for the faint hearted.
No drilling or butchery needed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Royt,

Thanks for your input!
I've got exactly the same idea. Unfortunately the blind isn't pulled out. I know there's a manual way to open the roof. Do the manual way opens the boot just like the automatic one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Never tried that, to fool the roof you have to short a wire to ground on the multifunction control unit, Do you want to try it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my electrician would try it.

You think it would be easy to get to the back of the lock or central lock steering system from there? Would there be enough space? What about closing the roof back?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The roof would work correctly afterwards, it's only a temporary connection to open the roof and get in the boot.Then just remove it and pull the 'blind' out.

Keep it out, so you can open the roof again, if the boot lock is still broken

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Royt,

Can you please help locating this multifunction control unit? I think I can't find it in the user manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Under the bonnet remove the black cover adjacent to the diagnostic socket
The mfcu is the one with the large grey plug at one end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.