Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
failed MOT. ABS light remains on, I put a new sensor on back left hand side, checked right side looks OK, not checked front yet, but!! speedo not working, roof will not lower, auto gearbox will not change up, auto locking U/S, otherwise no problem??:wink:::frown::frown:
I hope this is in the right section
Regards
Brian

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,788 Posts
Ditto Mn car guy :tu:

Ideally it needs a scan as it could be any sensor on that circuit - wheel speed sensor (the old favourite), lateral acceleration sensor, yaw rate sensor, could even be a broken wheel speed sensor wire (n/s rear, just north of the plug inside the chassis is where they corrode and snap) - get it scanned and fixed and your roof will/should work again (they are directly related)

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,593 Posts
Hi,

Do not forget when replacing Wheel Speed Sensors that you need to check the Reluctor Ring, often times the teeth corrode, the "ring type" can split, etc etc :wink:

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info lads, I must admit the rotor that operates the sensors do look a bit naff, don't relish the thought of getting to them though. (to old, me not the car)
Silly question I suppose, but why would Mercs need them on all four wheels?
(I need one of you people to move in next door to me)
regards
Brian

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thanks for the info lads, I must admit the rotor that operates the sensors do look a bit naff, don't relish the thought of getting to them though. (to old, me not the car)
Silly question I suppose, but why would Mercs need them on all four wheels?
(I need one of you people to move in next door to me)
regards
Brian
For systems like traction control and abs, the computer needs to know how fast each wheel is turning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:grin:
For systems like traction control and abs, the computer needs to know how fast each wheel is turning.
Sorry, you have completely lost me there, surely all :surprise:the wheels would be rotating at the same speed, :nerd::mad: going straight that is, (thought you had me there):smile:
Thank you
Brian

Opps, could be skidding on back wheels I suppose:nerd: :grin:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doom

Well lads,
Local Merc electrician can't sort out the problem, now the car owes me to much money and time, looks like it is heading for the dreaded "B"yard, so my interest in the Mercedes trend has not lasted to long:crying::crying:
Best wishes
Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts