Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already asked a question on this subject but think I might not have been clear enough with the model of car I have. The car is a 1997 SLK 200 the bog standard 2 litre version without the Kompressor ( which I'm hoping will whittle things down a little). I've gradually noticed the car losing power of several months with the occasional reluctance to start but recently it has progressed to a huge loss of power when climbing hills or if I put my foot down quickly the car just dies. I can coax it around town but it's really not good and the car doesn't idle from cold very well. I also have a bulb warning light on the dash come on intermittently. The most recent problem was a strong smell of petrol which my local garage put down to perished fuel pipes ( I'm wondering about the fuel pump now). I've had the K40 relay out which looks different to all the posts I've seen here and desoldered the joints that looked iffy to no avail. My local garage wants to replace the throttle body but he isn't even sure if it's that. Where would you guys start? I'm thinking new K40 first then as someone else has already suggested the fuel filter and fuel pump. Any suggestions as this is starting to make my thinning hair even thinner! Thanks in advance,
Andy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.