Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
* Registered
2008 171 Auto Black SLK 200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am considering doing an SLK200 2007 Auto Transmission oil and filter change. I have looked around and there does not seem to be that much information on the job and especially on how to fill the transmission up. I did see a video on youtube where the mechanic was filling the transmission up through the dipstick. Can this be done? What is the connection like to fill the tranny up from the bottom? do MB sell the conection? Does it matter how you fill it up as long as you have the right oil and quantity?
I'm happy to get the oil from MB but really do not want to pay their prices being an ex stripdown rebuild engineer for Caterpillar, I think you can see my logic.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
104,505 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
Needswings DCAI Original rims black coated with slight metal flake
89 Posts
Following
I bought the complete oil change kit from FCPeuro
Looking now for all the info I can get before attempting.
Kit is great includes oil, filter and an enlarged pan and gasket
Was thinking of doing that conductor plate also but understand that must reprogram
Thanks

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
16 Posts
If your transsmision is 7 speed, then look on youtube for 722.9 oil change, conductor plate etc, there is many great videos. Also search this forum, ther is a really helpful writeyp about cleaning conductor plate etc

·
* Registered
2008 171 Auto Black SLK 200
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate all the help that you all have provided. The one thing that's bothering me is the temperature part. I have a heat gun, is there a point I can point it at to get the desigered 45c in the transmission.
Or is there a scan tool that can be recommended by the forum that I can get off Amazon? I have tried scan tools before and they never seem to work.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,849 Posts
Hi, I am considering doing an SLK200 2007 Auto Transmission oil and filter change. I have looked around and there does not seem to be that much information on the job and especially on how to fill the transmission up. I did see a video on youtube where the mechanic was filling the transmission up through the dipstick. Can this be done? What is the connection like to fill the tranny up from the bottom? do MB sell the conection? Does it matter how you fill it up as long as you have the right oil and quantity?
I'm happy to get the oil from MB but really do not want to pay their prices being an ex stripdown rebuild engineer for Caterpillar, I think you can see my logic.
You have 200 so your transmission is the 5-speed 722.6. Here is a good description of how it should be done. Can also get you the WIS doc for it should you want that.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,849 Posts
I really appreciate all the help that you all have provided. The one thing that's bothering me is the temperature part. I have a heat gun, is there a point I can point it at to get the desigered 45c in the transmission.
Or is there a scan tool that can be recommended by the forum that I can get off Amazon? I have tried scan tools before and they never seem to work.
Measuring should be done when the oil temp is above 80 C not 45 C. See attachment for correct procedure.
Added the WIS for ATF oil change should you need it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts