Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

does anyone know how to proper adjust the (closing)limit of the windows,

have tried it once but now they are back in the old position wich is a little bit to high.

are there any drawings available of the window mechanism?
that would be nice :tu:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2000 SLK230. Aparently there is a metal part that should be bonded to the glass that comes loose - or it had in my case. Got the merc dealer to fix it - took two atempts 1st attempt failed - 2nd is OK (no charge).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi.
I have the same problem in mine. I took it to Mercedes Service and they told me I need a new glass which costs £200. I want to buy one of eBay but need to make sure that it has got that metal bit. Does anyone have picture of what to look for please?
Cheers!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,350 Posts
eterem,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
there is a pin glued to your window's lower end that limits the upper movement. You should see it in the speaker hole when the window is down. the window will move up above the limit if the pin is missing. you will probably find the missing pin inside the door. check it from the other door if it works fine...you need some strong glue to fix it. it is a medium level DIY if you are experienced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.