Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... first time user here so please be kind

I have a 2005 model 2004reg SLK200 and recently had an engine rebuild following a timing chain collapse...first day the sun comes out I tried to open the roof and the dashboard message says ..close boot lid... I know the boot lid was closed and even opened and closed it again numerous times, but still the message appears... I gather its a boot lid sensor somewhere..so... where is it located and how do I cure/fix the problem??

Thanx in anticipation :smile:

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Hi and welcome

You'll need to fill in your details in your User Control Panel - it helps us no end with model and region specific queries

Get to it soon, otherhwise the Master Sarge will swing by with a reminder!! (and some useful links for manuals and stuff)

It's worth using the search function on the top right of the site - there are numerous fixes for roof problems, and it's a pretty safe bet that someone has already done it, and detailed it on here.

Reactions: dbgrn and jbanks15

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,819 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,162 Posts
First suspect is the wiring to the boot lid that flexes when you open and close the boot (e.g.when putting groceries in). Find that area, cut away the web sheath, and inspect for broken or frayed wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.