Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Leslie I have just registered with SLK world. I have a 2001 slk 230 Kompressor. I'm from Northern Ireland. In the winter they put salt on our roads to melt the frost so you can imagine what that has done to my bodywork. I have started a complete restoration job. All lights bumpers etc removed. The car has always started first time even though it is all striped out. Yesterday I went out to do some work on her I wanted to tidy up the garage and brush floor first so I put the wheels back on and let her off the jacks. It's been a couple of month from I started her so I was not sure if she would start and guess what she was dead. Normally I would use my trickle charger but my son had borrowed it so I put the jump leads from my Ford Kuga on to her left for 5 mins tried to start but just clicking gave it another 5 and still clicking so gave it another 20 mins this time it fired up but only for a few seconds. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. Went to my sons house and got my charger attached my voltage protector and then the charger left it on low over night battery now fully charged and still won't start this is very unusual as it normally starts first time. Can somebody help as I'm more into body and paintwork than mechanical and electrical problems.
Thanks Leslie.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,244 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,294 Posts
Hi Leslie, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to offer some useful advice.

Thank you
Dave

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Welcome from Madrid....

First thing to try might be to try your Kuga battery, if it's physically possible, directly in the Slk in case the Slk has died completely.
Other than that you'll need to get a diagnostic done to see if you have any errors..
You could also check the large fuses in the K-40 relay and its solder joints (do a search for extensive references) and the fuses in the other fuse locations under the hood.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,578 Posts
Hi Leslie,

Welcome from Wirral, England.

It's best to start a new thread for the help you want in the R170 section.

Not everyone reads the newbie thread, but someone with R170 knowledge may be more likely to see it in a separate
thread with a brief description of the issue in the title.

The site's search function works well, just remember that it's worldwide so sometimes you need a little play with words such as bonnet = hood, tyres = tires.

By the way, check out the UK regional threads.
We have members who are looking to sort Irish meets.
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/386306-uk-just-joined-october-meets.html

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,335 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,259 Posts
Hi Leslie, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

Hope you get your starting issues sorted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to slkworld. The members and resources here are a true wealth of knowledge and I have no doubt you can get the help you need here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts