Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAs returning from a late night event a couple days ago, and just as I was about to merge onto a highway, along came a white SLK that simply left me in the dust.... I tried hard to catch up, even reaching triple digits, but to no avail.. the car's momentum and speed was simply way too much for me to catch up, tried as hard as I could... below is my dash cam recording of the event... you will see the white SLK speeding past mine at the 1 min 55s mark in the vid. Have other vids of the "chase" on the freeway from my dash cam recordings but all were about same futile effort to catch up...

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An AMG 55 is seen - and gone - at (1:) 55, I belive. You can't beat them, they are just annoying you:D
Now that you say this, it is highly likely it was a 55 bcos it was lightning quick... trust me, I was at xxx mph and didn't gain an inch... it was like a flash of lightning which disappeared in an instant.... oh boy!!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Now that you say this, it is highly likely it was a 55 bcos it was lightning quick... trust me, I was at xxx mph and didn't gain an inch... it was like a flash of lightning which disappeared in an instant.... oh boy!!
I will agree, my 55 is annoying. Once again ....... tells me to add oil and it’s full up.

:soap:

:hijacked:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will agree, my 55 is annoying. Once again ....... tells me to add oil and it’s full up.

:soap:

:hijacked:
This past weekend, mine told me it needed more coolant and voila, it did... had to stop and top it up, and the warning was gone.

The encounter with this other SLK pretty much clarifies (not that I needed proof) in stark reality the major diff between a 55 and any other SLK model... They are not even close in performance. :frown::surprise:>:D I say this as I reviewed other vids of the encounter (3 more vids from my dash cam at 3min recordings each), and how truly unreal the speed of that other SLK driver was over about 25 miles of freeway driving... I mean, that car was unbelievable in quickness, agility and speed.... I was like WOW!!!

Note to self: don't tangle with a 55 on any road :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts