Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i need your help in here, i decided to go for an SLK, but my friends are telling me that the CLK cabriolet is a better choice, therefore i need your help in here in giving me your opinion about this.

which one you think is better in terms of:
1- acceleration speed
2- eyes catching
3- shape

N.B: i don't care about the seats number, cause i never used more than 2 seats in any car i have driven lol

thanks for your quick response!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The SLK by far as at one point I was looking at both. Plus the CLK is going bye-bye, to be replaced by the new E-class coupe.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
The CLK is the best choice...... if your granny wants to drive it from time to time.

Otherwise the SLK wins out hands down.

As for your friends that think the CLK is better looking, I think they need to visit Whitesticks 'R' Us.com for an upgrade.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

No question, SLK, any model, all the way! CLKs are for old farts! excuse my french!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.
Also, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: jbanks15 you kill me man. I was going to get a CLK nex time
around. Ok, maybe I am an old fart:tu:

·
Registered
192 Posts
hey guys,

i need your help in here, i decided to go for an SLK, but my friends are telling me that the CLK cabriolet is a better choice, therefore i need your help in here in giving me your opinion about this.

which one you think is better in terms of:
1- acceleration speed
2- eyes catching
3- shape

N.B: i don't care about the seats number, cause i never used more than 2 seats in any car i have driven lol

thanks for your quick response!
nah, ur friend just want free ride from u if u get CLK, get the SLK and said the pass seat is reserved

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well one of my other toys is an CLK and I loved it, perfect handling, good interior space, very realible as the SLK. And I dont consider my self an old fart because I' ve 33 years old.

The worst thing about this car is the projects´age, thats why is just arriving the fantastic E coupé.

If you need a car right now the SLk is your better choice.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Doesn't the CLK cabriolet have a soft top?

·
Registered
20 Posts
why would old ppl like the CLK????
my parents had big problems getting in and out of my old CLK :(
it was just too low.....
and im sure the slk is no different

·
Registered
274 Posts
Stay away from the CLK.

The CLK is based on the old C-class platform - the one devised during the Chrysler days. I would not be happy with a CLK, especially since the CLK is no longer in production. The interior is completely taken from the old C-class... and you wouldn't know that these days because the new C class is in the showroom. But only a few years ago, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

The CLK's replacement is based on the new E-class. Back in the good'ol days, the original Benz four seater cabriolet was the E-class. Merc has realized the error in their ways with the C-class based four seater.

·
Registered
323 Posts
last but not least, the CLK is verg good car, but compared to the SLK, the SLK has a better and more stable engine than the CLK...

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
The CLK cabriolet is what got me into Mercedes convertible, I'm glad I waited to see what the SLK looks like.

1. SLK
2. SLK
3. SLK

the only reason for the CLK is if you needed the extra seats but you don't so your answer is clear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.