Mercedes SLK World banner

Will you attend SLK Sunfest if it is in an avaible date for you>

• Yes, I would drive in with my SLK.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Yes, I would fly or drive in with other car.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Yes, I would drive and assist with the event, or stage an event for it.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No I am not interested in it because of the location.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No I am not interested in it because of the activities.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I am not interested in it because RacerCub68's behind it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposing the dates were right for you, would you attend the SLK Sunfest, a weekend in Orlando, Florida that had the following:

Many social events, including going to various parks (Disney, Bush Gardens, Universal, etc.), breakfast, dinners, etc. as a group. Kid friendly events as well.

Technical events, including installs, demonstrations, how-to's, etc.

Events with your car:

Free car show with goodies, plaque and possible 40% chance of award, $100 cash prize.

Motorsports events: Handling instruction, autocross.

An affordable, clean, elegant hotel. Possibly one with small water park inside, slides for kids (big and small) lazy river, etc.

Any other fun events people can come up with that would work out.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Damn, I can't select two options?! :D

I *really* wanted to vote for "No I am not interested in it because RacerCub68's behind it." just since you included it! :p

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,131 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, but I am with PropDr. To far to drive. Can't make the trip this year.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun, but I am with PropDr. To far to drive. Can't make the trip this year.
Don't worry, this isn't the Annual SLK trip, you haven't missed anything!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as it being too far to drive, that's why there's the option about flying. Orlando is a fun place, it has a lot to do, so could be fun even if you are not bringing your SLK.

CD is right, this is NOT the SLKWorld YEARLY official trip. However, it will probably have as many activities and will be fun.

It might also be a good idea for those that can afford to fly to Orlando, but not all the way to Las Vegas to get to meet some of the SLKWorld people and have some fun.

As far as the last option, UK, it's a way for me to find out if my lack of finishing school, and eagerness to click the POST button is getting in the way of this being a good time for everyone. The event is not about me, it's about SLK Owners having fun, and if I am a block to that, I need to adjust it.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
As far as the last option, UK, it's a way for me to find out if my lack of finishing school, and eagerness to click the POST button is getting in the way of this being a good time for everyone. The event is not about me, it's about SLK Owners having fun, and if I am a block to that, I need to adjust it.
Byron, forget about the paranoia - we'll keep giving you a nudge when you get close to the line :).

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,131 Posts
Just will not be able to fly in this year. Have been to Orlando a couple times over the past few years and it is a great place to stay / play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts