Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm UK based and just went to order brakes from Pagid and they asked whether the car had the sports package or not - I know the springs were sport springs but how would I know whether I definitely had the full sport package please? Apparently the rear pads are slightly different sizes?

TIA

Lee

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
• Post your VIN in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).

Once one of the mods see your post, they'll post your datacard, which should list the options that the car was originally built with. :D

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one, thank you - just checked the datacard (I had it previously given to me) and no Sport option given. The sports springs must have been dealer fit as when we replaced the fronts springs it definitely had Mercedes springs of the same height as the sport springs.
Ordered the rears for now as I'm not sure which ones set the sensor off as from the outside the front and rear pads appear fine. I'm thinking, like our old Boxster, that the inside of the rears may be low. On the Boxster we had a low pad warning and th outside pads looked fine with a fair few mil left on them - upon removing then and checking everything the inside pads were toast and the inside of the brake disc was starting to fall apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.