Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tu:Interesting. I hardly ever see another SLK (other than in my garage). Yesterday, I was out, and within four miles of home I saw TWO SLK (171s). One was a either a FireMist Red/Storm Red SLK 280 or 350 (blur), and the other was a white SLK 280. Plenty of other verts out and about. Sunday and great weather brings out some of the specials cars that don't get much road time.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Nice, White's are pretty rare in the U.S. Whilst over here its common for the hot weathers rather than black cars.

Firmest looks nice and has a very luxo look to it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's weird that in my area, I see more SL than SLK. Ever since I bought my car, I saw at least one SL every other day, but so far I have only seen 1 or 2 SLK on the road.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's weird that in my area, I see more SL than SLK. Ever since I bought my car, I saw at least one SL every other day, but so far I have only seen 1 or 2 SLK on the road.
:)Same here, hardly see any R171s. See many more R170s. That's why it was ironic that I saw two R171s within four miles of home. Occasionally I see a SL, might be the same one multiple times.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Around the south bay (silicon valley) you see more SL's than newer SLK's. You do see quite a few of the older SLKs (pre '05 facelift) though.

I do probably see an SLK almost every day though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Don, on my trip up to ROA Sunday evening, I saw several Miata, BMW x cars but only one SLK. Long blond hair blowin in tha breeze, I waz all bacited as I caught up. Then at a light, I pulled along side and looked over to grin at this driver.... HE WAZ UGLY AS SIN. And not friendly at all :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long blond hair blowin in tha breeze, I waz all bacited as I caught up. Then at a light, I pulled along side and looked over to grin at this driver.... HE WAZ UGLY AS SIN. And not friendly at all :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
:DDoug, you say "dude looks like a lady" (AeroSmith).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don, on my trip up to ROA Sunday evening, I saw several Miata, BMW x cars but only one SLK. Long blond hair blowin in tha breeze, I waz all bacited as I caught up. Then at a light, I pulled along side and looked over to grin at this driver.... HE WAZ UGLY AS SIN. And not friendly at all :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Was the long blond hair a HE or SHE? I am confused~!~~:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Was the long blond hair a HE or SHE? I am confused~!~~:biglaugh:
Long Blond hair was definately a He,,, hiz beard waz down to his chest....Then agin, she might have been from West Virginia and could have been a gurl,,,, Nah, even WVa gurls are not that ugly....:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Then agin, now adayz you can never be sure even after you git them drawers down,,, need to ask for a birf certificate....:confused::confused::confused:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
that's why i picked white... ;)
I didn't appreciate white the way I do now, before it didn't have that shiny and sparkle I was looking for, thought it was a boring color, but the more and more modded white cars with black centers, high polish lips I see, the more I want to get a white one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts