Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so we have the SLK calendar and it is just peachy! Now, what about pulling together a rolling screen saver with maybe 100+ SLK beauty shots? Each member could submit 1 or 2 of their best pictures. Pics could be pulled from member albums too I guess.

I would love to have something like this on my office computer as well as at home on the laptop. I'm not too tech savy...so unsure how to proceed. Sent a suggestion to Helena (Administrator) a while ago, but no answer yet.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
It's easy, there are lots of screensaver applications out there. You have to upload them into the software then select the type of screensaver you like. That's it. I haven't done it in a long time but I know I have that screensaver software somewhere. I think there are a few free ones on the internet.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ynot! I thought this would be something everyone could use at home or on their work computers. Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest based on the number of responses to my post.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Thanks Ynot! I thought this would be something everyone could use at home or on their work computers. Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest based on the number of responses to my post.
With the diminishing use of CRT displays, screen burn is not the problem it once was, so screensavers are almost redundant.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is dead easy to do if you have Windows 7 (and possibly earlier versions, I don't know).

Make a file in My Pictures and call it whatever you like. Mine is called "screensaver pics".

Go to http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/ and choose the SLK folders and save as many as you like to the file you created. You can also add your own photos, whatever images you wish in fact.

Then go to your desktop, right click, choose "personalise", then "screensaver", then on the drop down list of pre loaded screen savers select "photos".

Then in the same window click "settings" and where is says "use pictures from" click browse. Then find the file you put the photos in and click it.

Voila, you'll have a rolling screen saver of the photos saved in that file.

It works a treat. :)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Charlie - that's a good solution! I was hoping, however, for something where we could simply host a load of "approved" pictures, and then point at that source for SLK Screen Saver goodness....

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes John.....just what I was thinking about.....I would like to view a variety of SLKWorld photos....either freshly submitted or from albums already on the site. Not sure I would want commercial images although that might be cool as well. Would you consider being the image selector/controller/police person? We must have someone with artful good taste!:tu:

·
Registered
636 Posts
With the diminishing use of CRT displays......
Are you telling me I don't need my 3290 plasma anymore? :biglaugh:
I thought I was the cool kid on the block with the four partition orange screen.

Now I need to figure out what to do with my 3174.

Enjoy,
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.