Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
the story goes like this: car bought with junge sterne at the begining of the month (2nov),delivered on 14nov. Last week was a strong rain and the roof leaked. I talked with the dealer and said to go to my nearest point for a check. Over the weekend I used some seal treatment (to prepare it for winter) and after the first rain on monday every thing seems to be fine. today rained and started again to leak. I visit my closest dealer and told me that maybe the seal is faulty and this cost around 1000euro. When I told him that I expected the warranty he replied that the waranty does not cover the seals.
So I have a car that leaks, maybe I need to pay 1000 euro and a not helpful dealer.
I am thinking in taking the car back and request refund... :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And i think that i saw also a crack on the plexi roof

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, have you contacted where you bought thecarfrom again, to see what they say?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet. The guys from the local dealer tried to contact them (already latr) without success. I will try tomorrow. Wish me success!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
*Premium Member
2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
Puffff, are you sure the local garage who checked the car didn't do this in the process of checking for the leak, which may have just been the roof seals ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are several threads on here about the Panoramic roof failing - the original polycarbonate roof suffering cracks so similar to that shown in your pic.

The outcome of all these previous complaints was to have new roof panels - the polycarbonate being replaced by glass. This seems to have been the standard cure - even to the extent that in 2012 Mercedes stopped fitting the polycarbonate roof and built the cars with a glass roof.

If you do a search, you'll find some threads and show them to your dealers.

Good luck.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you do a search, you'll find some threads and show them to your dealers.

Good luck.
As if by magic ....... one of those past threads is brought bang up to date.

Nice one :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.