Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
the story goes like this: car bought with junge sterne at the begining of the month (2nov),delivered on 14nov. Last week was a strong rain and the roof leaked. I talked with the dealer and said to go to my nearest point for a check. Over the weekend I used some seal treatment (to prepare it for winter) and after the first rain on monday every thing seems to be fine. today rained and started again to leak. I visit my closest dealer and told me that maybe the seal is faulty and this cost around 1000euro. When I told him that I expected the warranty he replied that the waranty does not cover the seals.
So I have a car that leaks, maybe I need to pay 1000 euro and a not helpful dealer.
I am thinking in taking the car back and request refund... :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet. The guys from the local dealer tried to contact them (already latr) without success. I will try tomorrow. Wish me success!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are several threads on here about the Panoramic roof failing - the original polycarbonate roof suffering cracks so similar to that shown in your pic.

The outcome of all these previous complaints was to have new roof panels - the polycarbonate being replaced by glass. This seems to have been the standard cure - even to the extent that in 2012 Mercedes stopped fitting the polycarbonate roof and built the cars with a glass roof.

If you do a search, you'll find some threads and show them to your dealers.

Good luck.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you do a search, you'll find some threads and show them to your dealers.

Good luck.
As if by magic ....... one of those past threads is brought bang up to date.

Nice one :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.