Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the roof when opening the roof the boot lid opens correctly and the roof stores away in the boot but when the boot lid tries to close again the passenger side hydralic cylinder does not close but the drivers side does making the lid twist. I have changed the cylinder thinking this was the problem but it is still the same.

Any help most appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts
kev,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, mine is actually the opposite to the problem in that thread, it unlocks correctly and boot opens fully but when closing the cyliner will not close on the passenger side but the drivers side does which just twists the boot lid.

Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
35 Posts
With lid shut (even though the front left corner is not secured) carefully raise the lid from the rear. You'll probably see that the "tongue" seen in the first photo in the post that Wooly has taken you to, has not gone into the slot shown in the 2nd photo.
If so, it may be slightly misaligned, so you could try gently pushing it sideways until it enters the slot. Then shut the lid and gently press the front left corner of the lid down until the tongue hopefully goes right down into the slot and engages in it.
Try that and see how you get on- all the best:tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.