Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the group, having just purchased my first SLK, a 2012 SLK 250CDi AMG 250. I am very happy with the car and held out to get the spec I wanted.

There is however an issue with the indicators (turn signals). Taking the car on its first long journey to work early in the morning (1 1/2hr motorway drive), I noticed after about an hour, that the indicators (turn signals) stopped working. All the other functions of the stalk worked fine and the hazard lights operated.

I parked the car at work, and when I had finished work, I returned home. Indicators worked for the whole journey.

The next day, the same thing happened, but this time I was able to pull over, stop, switch off the engine and re-start. This cured the problem and the indicators worked for the rest of the journey ?

This has happened three times now. I am unsure if this may be due to the weather, as we have had some very cold mornings recently, but any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Hi sorry I can't help but you car looks great, only had mine about 8 months same spec and year as yours. looking forward to the spring to get the top down had it down in the winter a few times but feel a bit of a p---k.

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
1,001 Posts
I thought Mercedes had resolved this one by now! Obviously not.
This was an often reported fault on the older C Classes coupled with wiper issues. There were two possibles:

1.The software in something called the SAM needs a reboot.
2. The flasher relay PCB has a dry joint. This was a known fault with a technical bulletin on what to do when encountered.

Not saying this applies to yours, but worth mentioning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.