21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,260 Posts
are you the original owner? if not, previous owners have done things

·
98,260 Posts
of course you can free country uk is, no?

·
98,260 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
824 Posts
The speakers are Harman kardon even without the 810 premium sound package, premium sound is just more speakers.
As stated previous owner might have modified vehicle.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,448 Posts
With Comand NTG2.5 you can have an external HK amp. You then setup Comand to use an external amplifier and it will transmit the digital audio across the fiber to the HK amp in the footwell.
Never seen this with basic Audio 20 but I can imagine it is possible too. But what is sent to the HK amp is always just regular 2 channel stereo. The Audio 20 is not capable of handling multichannel audio. Now maybe the HK DSP can convert 2 channel in pseudo multichannel but I would not expect to much of it.
Though the HK amp is a better amp then the internal amplifier built inside the Audio 20 or Comand NTG2.5.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK55 AMG
1,845 Posts
Andy
Even if you did have HK hitting the logic7 button won’t make much difference unless you’re playing a Logic7 CD. These are rare and expensive.
TonyS

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
With Comand NTG2.5 you can have an external HK amp. You then setup Comand to use an external amplifier and it will transmit the digital audio across the fiber to the HK amp in the footwell.
Never seen this with basic Audio 20 but I can imagine it is possible too. But what is sent to the HK amp is always just regular 2 channel stereo. The Audio 20 is not capable of handling multichannel audio. Now maybe the HK DSP can convert 2 channel in pseudo multichannel but I would not expect to much of it.
Though the HK amp is a better amp then the internal amplifier built inside the Audio 20 or Comand NTG2.5.
i was under the impressuon mine is ntg2 not 2.5 if that’s a dofferenve

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ok i’m guessing so as data card says audio 20 but my confusion is the audio gateway amp in footwell as audio 20 is usually the gate way it says but i have the amp in footwell so guessing i have mush mash of equipment mine is 6 disc built into radio and phone bluetooth so maybe that is why the amp is there
Am i right in thinking i need some kind of adaptor for the most then

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
744 Posts
With the NTG1, Audio 20 has an internal amp and no low level outputs. So that would not be "possible" to combine with the amp in the footwell. If you for some reason managed to connect them (amplified output to low level input) you will have heavily distorted sound. I would be suprised if that changed with NTG 2,5, but I have been proved wrong before 😁

So I am a bit confused here.

·
2,448 Posts
Yes. Normally Audio 20 and Comand NTG2.5 contain the AGW AND the amplfier. However,you can have a seperate amp in the footwell but still leave the AGW function in the HU in the dash. That is different from NTG1. I have only never seen it in combination with Audio 20 but your car clearly demonstrates it is an option.

·
2,448 Posts
I know you can configure Comand NTG2.5 to use an external amp but did not know it is also possible with Audio 20. At least the Audio 20 that comes with the facelift R171.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts