Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm after a front anti roll bar for a SLK 55 AMG MY05? Used or New. Any ideas?

Thanks
Aaron

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,576 Posts
Head for breaker yards or buy new oem online

part number from your vin

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,576 Posts
I only give em what they ask for :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the roll bar thats inside or underneath the engine bay thats connected to the drop links. It seems the clamps that hold it in place have perished and you can't buy them separate so have to buy a complete set including the bar.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Ah, yet *another* (anti-)roll bar :D. Jeff can probably find the part# for it, but as you say, it's likely that MB will only sell it to you as a complete set. If you don't want to do that I think it's back to trying to find one on a wrecked car at a breaker yard (one without front-end damage I suppose!)

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
its the roll bar thats inside or underneath the engine bay thats connected to the drop links. It seems the clamps that hold it in place have perished and you can't buy them separate so have to buy a complete set including the bar.

Any ideas?
are you talking about the front stabilizer bar?

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes thanks.

My mechanic says the clamps that hold the bar have either come lose or because the paints worn off the bar theres a little give and the slides from left to right when i turn creating a "clunking". I need to get a new one as the clamps are not sold separately. £300 at Merc or look for a used are my options.

Does anyone have any idea where i can get one?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
yes thanks.

My mechanic says the clamps that hold the bar have either come lose or because the paints worn off the bar theres a little give and the slides from left to right when i turn creating a "clunking". I need to get a new one as the clamps are not sold separately. £300 at Merc or look for a used are my options.

Does anyone have any idea where i can get one?

Thanks

according to what I posted the clamps are available for around 5.00

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Woz,

The clamps cannot be adjusted in size as the bar's paint has now come off giving the bar a little slack. i may be better just buying the bar. do you mind me asking where you got that pic from? the bars cheaper on there.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts