Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice.

I have a 2010 SLK R171 200 Kompressor and I have just installed the Kleemann kit (both the pulley kit and the exhaust kit). Instead of opting for the K-Box I sent my ECU to Denmark (I am in Australia) for reprogramming with Kleemann.

The ECU has been to Denmark and back twice now but I am having a persistent issue when installing it:

- Dash gives no ESP and no cruise error
- Car wont accelerate past 2500rpm (power just cuts out)

I am wondering if this means my ECU is toast - not sure if Kleemann are going to ask me to send it back to Denmark a third time... Does anyone have any tips for things to check / alternative approaches?

After the install of the kit before the ECU was shipped off I did drive the car and no issues, so I am pretty certain the issue relates to the ECU reprogramming. I have checked the ECU for bent pins and gone over the air box etc to make sure everything is connected properly. Any advice / help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Off to the dealer..

Update on this..

Kleemann have said they believe the ECU has dropped the SCN. My understanding was that if the ECU drops the SCN the car won't even start?

In any case their advice is to take it back to the dealer for factory reprogramming. I have booked the car in for Thursday morning - will see what they do / say!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Fixed

Well, the dealer said the ECU was fine but there was a communication problem with the ESP!

New ESP and all was well again. I'm wondering if the tune could have caused the problem with the ESP, but not too fussed now that the car is ok!

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts