Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone :) . So my PSE unit went bad on my. I took it apart, cleaned it with WD-40(it wasn't so bad, you can see the picture before the cleaning). It locks the car flawlessly(the motor starts, sucks air and the doors close), but the problems start when trying to unlock it. It does nothing. There is just a clicking sound and that's it. The sound comes from that coil in the picture(I don't know what it is) and it seems that the first of three lines is clogged, because the other two let air, but not the third(the one on the left of the coil in the picture). Any ideas? I don't want to buy a whole new unit just because of a clogged line:frown:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Ok, so it locks perfectly(and I mean perfectly). But even the motor doesn't start(checked - no voltage going to it) when trying to unlock... could it possibly be as simple as a fuse/relay?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIXED - it was a worn out it was a worn out track on the board. A very reliable electrical engineer in my town found the problem and fixed it. Also, when unlocking the motor was running constantly. Careful cleaning and regulation of the stop machine(the one with two white circles and pin between them) fixed everything. Now everything is working flawlessly :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooops, too many "it was a worn out"s :D . Computer froze, so I wrote it three times and didn't check to see if it had remembered the first two, sorry about that :) . Anyway, been driving it and testing the locking/unlocking - everything works :) . So, before you go spending money on another unit try to fix yours. It costed me $12 :D !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.