Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, took my slk 230 r170 for its annual m.o.t today, checked all lights etc before i dropped it off, now being told by the garage that it has failed because the hazard lights and indicators light up ,but wont flash !, im convinced the mechanic has done something, but obviously cant prove anything, any ideas guys ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slk hazard and indicators not flashing

Panic over guys, found out that if i clicked the switch on and off a few times it started working again, a quick squirt of wd40 should keep me going till a replacement from e.bay arrives. i,ve have to say, i had very little advice from other members on this site, shame really. i thought thats what this forum was about.:(

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,227 Posts
i,ve have to say, i had very little advice from other members on this site, shame really. i thought thats what this forum was about.:(

Brian,

You posted only 18 hours ago which included at least half the membership sleeping and you are upset with us?
And your previous post thanked a member for a 'brilliant post'
So after only 6 posts we have fallen into disfavor?:td:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
.. .. .. and, a lot of people will only reply if they have a valid point to make. I've never seen that problem posted here before, so I'd imagine most of the current membership haven't come across it either.

Pleased though that you now have it sorted, but don't shoot the messenger's horse :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Panic over guys, found out that if i clicked the switch on and off a few times it started working again, a quick squirt of wd40 should keep me going till a replacement from e.bay arrives. i,ve have to say, i had very little advice from other members on this site, shame really. i thought thats what this forum was about.:(
I'm glad you sorted out the problem. And if you post some instructions and pictures this will be highly appreciated!
I, personally, didn't have this issue, nor I'm electrically inclined, hence I didn't have anything to suggest you =( There's plenty of info on some common issues but yours was very specific and it's probably 2nd time I hear of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
slk hazard and indicators not flashing

I know it's a while since you had this issue, but can you remember how you sorted out please. As i have the same issue.

Ta

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,227 Posts
Hi

I know it's a while since you had this issue, but can you remember how you sorted out please. As i have the same issue.

Ta
as mentioned, this thread is about 7 years old and op has not been on since
Last seen Jun 10, 2015

1 - 8 of 8 Posts