Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I wanted to replace my bulbs in my car so got out the manual and on page 113 all the bulbs are listed so ordered away , they come today so thought I would put them in so change the back brake lamps with p 21w bulb all ok but when I went to change tail lights with a p21w I found that the bulb in there is a R5W 17w but change it with a p21w and it works ok so is manual wrong or has some one put in wrong bulbs?? Also went to change front fogs with H1 55w ( as in manual ) only to find the bulbs in there are h4 that have a black plastic conecter any one know what's going on there:confused:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't there wattage specifications for all of the bulbs in the car? In other words just because it fits doesn't mean you should use it??

I hope someone else chimes in.
I phoned Mercedes and it is a p21w bulb so wrong one was in it but fog light is HB4 so book was wrong on that one ...thanks Mercedes manual you wasted my money on wrong part dam you :biglaugh:

·
Registered
287 Posts
The 2001 US manual calls for an 1154/21W for stop lamps, front fog lights are not even mentioned, only the M-B "tail fog" setup. Perhaps the right hand drive manual was "lost in translation".:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.