Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any of the Florida or other group members heading to Amelia Island the 8-10th of March

http://www.ameliaconcours.org/

I usually go every year, but this year I am up in the air due to a scheduling conflict. I have a couple Porsche Club buddies driving over on Sunday for the Concours, that I might snag a ride with, but was wondering if there is any organized effort via some of the SLK groups. Which might change my mind and get me to drive my SLK.

While I haven't join MBCA yet, there might also be some MB Club events since Mercedes is one of the big sponsors of the event.

I highly recommend the event if you can swing it. Hopefully I can.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is interested and has 20 minutes to spare here is the video I did last year at the event.

We decided last night we will be going and I am hoping to get some more great footage and do an updated film on the 2013 festivities. If anyone knows of any special MB events or similar that I could get in to and do some filming let me know.

http://vimeo.com/47082029

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
55 Posts
I could not Thank You enough for the wonderful 20 minutes of pure enjoy!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,536 Posts
Jon, this thread must have been hiding, I never saw it (shame on me).

I agree with Igor...fantastic! Thanks for posting the video and thanks to Igor for finding it!:tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,536 Posts
Maybe it should be in a brand new thread?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a little dated, but I had a lot of fun shooting it. We didn't make it this year (2014), but have done this vide a couple of times now; the one above from 2013 and another in 2012 (here). I enjoy doing our travels to video but it is extremely time consuming and difficult to get them completed in a timely manner. It makes you appreciate how real TV shows get things done so quickly, although they have full production teams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts