Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slk model change???

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  atebit 
#1 ·
Hello, I currently received a 2008 SLK200 from my dad as a loan. He plans to buy me my own for my birthday next month. I really love this car and actually looking at the 55 AMG model. The thing is that I am not sure if the SLK model will get a model change in the near future just as the BMW Z4 and Porsche 911 just did. Does anyone know anything about this?

#3 ·
Welcome... :)

The current model is the R171 and the previous model R170, so it figures tht the next model number will be the R172.

There's a section in the forum on the R172. In there you'll find the latest 'rumour and gossip' on what is thought will happen and when.

As Tslick says the current model was facelifted and introduced into the market about a year ago. FWIW I think the R172 will probably appear for 2012 MY. So a couple of years away yet. I also really like the R171 styling (pre and post facelift) so the new one has a tough act to follow IMHO.

#5 ·
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates, repairs and monthly expenses to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

#6 ·
Welcome from California.

#12 ·
I searched around here for a previous post that lists the major differences between pre- and post-facelift, but I didn't find anything. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere? The only two things I know about post-facelift is the new front bumper style and updated audio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.