Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when I used to own a Corvette,whenever I pass by another Corvette we blink our headlights saying hello to each other. Why can we start doing so with fellow slk whenever we meet on the road.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I remember when I used to own a Corvette,whenever I pass by another Corvette we blink our headlights saying hello to each other. Why can we start doing so with fellow slk whenever we meet on the road.
BLINK!?
I don’t just blink, I pull a hanger U, chase you down, hand you a SLKWorld business card and invite you to join :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
17,942 Posts
BLINK!?
I don’t just blink, I pull a hanger U, chase you down, hand you a SLKWorld business card and invite you to join :biglaugh:
I do the same thing if I can. SLK's are not always easy to catch. I do however always blink lights and give a wave.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)I always wave when I'm driving my SLK and see another SLK. As a former Corvette owner, I remember those days. Corvette owners are so passionate about their cars.

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I do the same thing if I can. SLK's are not always easy to catch. I do however always blink lights and give a wave.

:D That's the reason Arno's mod'ding his - just to make sure none get away! :) I usually just settle for a quick wave!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I've tried that here and most of the time the driver in the car passing the other way looks at me in the same way a cow looks at a passing train..

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
In some cities blinking at another car can get you shot. It's part of gang culture. I was warned never to do it in downtown Chicago.

When I wave here in Scottsdale, I get looks like I just pee'd in their pool. Not a very social bunch out here.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have tried waving at other SLKs. However, so many of the SLK drivers I see are unlike those of us here. We have great women and men who drive SLKs here and love them. However, so many I see on the road, the people just seem as though they hardly know what car they are driving and seem very uninterested in driving, sadly.

To the point, whenever I waved, I received no response. ha-ha. I guess that is what Big Shot has experienced too. Honestly, not only do I get no response, I get the feeling that they wouldn't say hello even if they knew you. ha.

I can't imagine chasing them down with SLK sticker. ha-ha. That might even scare me a bit, if it happened to me.

I surely love seeing other ones on the road though.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I had my father’s 67 427 wired to only flip the left headlight over to wink at other Vette’s

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I wait for eye contact and then wave. Then I may get a wave back. Response rate is about 50-50.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts