Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I picked up my 99 SLK 230 in July with just under 50k miles on the clock.
The car is in pretty good condition, however I have already had to replace the MAF which failed soon after I bought the car. Now I am experiencing stalling issues which the diagnostic codes are saying is due to the K40 relay.

I am pretty handy when it comes to mechanical things so I would like to do most of the work on the car myself. Where is the best place to get new parts for these cars? For something like the K40 relay do I have to order it from Mercedes or are there other aftermarket retailers in the UK that I can order from?

I am very impressed with the amount of help and information that is being shared in the forums and look forward to being part of the SLK world!

Aaron

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,406 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
The problem with the K40 board is mostly failed solder connections and you should be able to fix it yourself.
Good luck!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome aboard. It's unfortunate that you've run into problems so soon. Perhaps some of our members can offer advice as to parts or direct you to a good service centre. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts