Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend at work who is the leader of a Harley Davidson club, and he was telling me about his upcoming poker run. For those not familiar with the term, they work like this: You all meet, pay an entry fee, and learn the route. Everyone travels at their own pace to five destinations and draws a card for each one. The top three poker hands win prize money, and everyone eats well at the end.

He said "You know, you don't need a bike to be there. Cars are fine, and one year, we even had a horse enter".

After convincing my wife it was a good idea, we each paid ten dollars to try our luck in the 32nd annual Fools Run!

As it turns out, there was 140 bikes, and one car. We rolled through the canyons and past the lakes from town to town. The top was down and a very nice day was punctuated by the "Harley Sound". I had no complaints about the 55 making too much noise either. :)

We had a ball, and saw a lot of thumbs up. (Nearly everyone waved something at us.) Some people wanted to see under the hood, and they weren't disappointed.

We didn't win any money, but there is always next year!

·
Hopeless *** owner
102 Posts
Lingle!!!!!!!!! Y)

How awesome man! I am in Cheyenne! I have a 99 230 AMG that I recently purchased. Might have to join ya in the annual poker run. :tu: :D

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We managed to go on two more poker runs this year. One in the spring, "The Fools Run", and another for Labor Day, the "End of Summer Run".

They both follow the same route, and are about 100 miles long. There is some optional back roads we always manage to take that are very scenic and winding. These are old highways from before the primaries and interstates were built. You may only meet another car every 5 miles or so.

On the last run we won $408 on the 50/50 raffle, so now we feel obligated to return!

I will post the dates next season for stinger608, or anyone else that might like to give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts