Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My heater fan is making a whirling noise although it works, anybody any ideas how to fix it. It works ok on low speed (setting 1) but any faster and it makes a whirling sound, last time i heard a similiar sound it was my fan in my computer tower

Mike

SLK 230K R170 1997

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,161 Posts
I think some people in the past found LEAVES had gotten into the fan. You might try searching here for that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I get similar symptoms from my fan and as pointed out by Mtiede it is leaves getting into the blower cage.

I clean it out by removing the two bolts in the passenger footwell which will allow access to both pollen filter and blower. In case you need to remove the blower to completely clean it, you will need torx screwdriver (sorry I do not recall the size but probably size 20) and a flexible back :)

It is a very annoying problem and I sincerly believe that MB did less than great in designing the vent intake and torpedo plate - clearances are way too big at both ends of the windscreen and the pollenfilter is located after the blower in stead of upstream where it could protect the blower from leaves and other stuff :(

Raindog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.