Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly
Have a look at THIS. It will give you an idea of what you can fit in the boot with the roof down.

In the R172 section, there's a thread where one of the members asks about trunk dimensions -he was curious about how much he could fit in his trunk and so wanted all of the specific dimensions. One of the replies was from Woolly where he attached a 'link' to a (UK) site that offers custom luggage for many different cars, including MB/SLK's. Has anyone here actually purchased these bags for their car - whether the R170, R171 or R172? I was poking around on the net and found a U.S. site that also carries these luggage sets - the U.S. site list the sets for the R170 and R171, but NOT for the R172...bummer. I e-mailed them and they say they can get the R172 set from Europe shipped over for a (phe)nominal fee. I won't mind paying if I can hear from someone to give me some confidence that they will be decent. Once I get them, I probably won't be wanting to pay to ship them back. Thanks, all.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I hope you are not paying $170 GBP for it, I believe Walmart has a set of American Tourister 5 piece under $100 USD that fits in our SLK's, at least for the r171, not sure how different it is on the r172.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,724 Posts
Hi all

I picked up my set as new for our R171 off Ebay £50 & they look like they have never been used . Buy of the year :rb.

Cheers

Andy

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luggage

I hope you are not paying $170 GBP for it, I believe Walmart has a set of American Tourister 5 piece under $100 USD that fits in our SLK's, at least for the r171, not sure how different it is on the r172.
The set from Bagster is definitely more than $100 US - I think that will just about cover the shipping :eek:. I've got a Wal-Mart about 2 miles from my house. Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out this weekend and let you know what I find (based on the R172).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The USA list price from the distributor is $195 for the set. As nice as it looks, it is a bit pricey and I know that I wouldn't use all of it. The little case that sits atop the spare tire underneath the removable trunk floor wouldn't be any use; I put car cleaning supplies like Speed Shine, glass cleaner, and microfiber towels down in there. We've found that our current overnight bags fit well enough, at least for a long weekend. We're still mulling over options for different pieces that would both fit the space and have greater internal capacity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The "Roadster Bags" definitely fit. But only the main two bags are usable in the US 172. The small 'suitcase' style bag fits in the area were the inflatable spare resides. I assume the Non US 172 doesn't have the spare. Note also the main bags are wedge shaped. If you want more info let me know. Very nicely built.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.