Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking for a while about starting a "local chapter", but the time has avoided me. Things have settled down a bit, and today an advertisement at the car wash convinced me the time was right.

The first event scheduled will be the Miami Auto Show which starts on October 23rd. If everyone is on agreement with the date, we will combine with the regular MB club for the event.

The Plan is:

Park your cars for free on my gated, brick driveway, which is one block away from the convention center, and closer then the parking for the autoshow.

We will go to Lincoln Road for lunch, joining with the local Mercedes-Benz club, and off to enjoy the show with them.

Arrangements can be made for people wanting to arrive earlier or depart later, if they want to use the heated pool, spa or hot tub at my house, or if they want to leave their cars at my house and enjoy some drinks at the clubs.

I will have coupons to reduce the ticket price, if I an unable to score free tickets for the show.

·
Registered
331 Posts
im 1st. awesome!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you guys are interested in starting a Florida SLK club I can do some research on the registered members here who updated profile with a Florida location and send an email to them inviting them to join. I would also make a flyer up of your event(s) and put them on SLK's around town and the local MB dealer. If you do this after about 6 months to 1 year you should have a nice size group. DLTSLK was interested in a Spring SE Region event in Orlando. That may be a good event to make flyers up for and try to market the same way.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds GREAT! All members will be members of SLKWorld, or at least those with computers and Internet will.

I am going to try and fund it myself and use the SLKWorld to announce the various events as much as possible to keep from having a membership fee. That way, we can use the forum to coordinate things, and the forum, hopefully, will get support to keep it growing.

Anyone who has any skills or anything to offer, let me know. All help, suggestions, etc. accepted eagerly. Let's keep it cheap, easy and most of all, FUN!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm looking to take my SLK 350 out on the track, miami-homestead or palm beach intl... any events going on? I've got buddies with 911 turbos, boxters, and lambos that would love to get theirs out on the track too.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking to take my SLK 350 out on the track, miami-homestead or palm beach intl... any events going on? I've got buddies with 911 turbos, boxters, and lambos that would love to get theirs out on the track too.

Yeah check out the motorsports section! If you want dates, contact me. I race with Equipe Rapide and Gold Coast PCA. You can see me doing 911 turbos with my SLK350 by going to www.youtube.com/racercub68

1 - 11 of 11 Posts