Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just purchased a 2001 UK SLK. Yesterday central locking from key fob working okay. Today, boot (trunk) and passenger door unlocking/locking okay but not drivers door. When I use the internal switch, again passenger door and boot unlock/lock but not drivers door. f anyone can offer any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Sounds like there is a problem with the vacuum line to the drivers door. Trace the yellow plastic tube from the PSE pump (behind the paneling in the lhs of the boot) up to the door lock actuator (behind the door card).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this. Are these vacuum lines prone to coming adrift?? Now, need to figure out how to get the door card off... Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All, Central locking now fixed! Connector had snapped off the valve at the end of the yellow pipe. the yellow line was as tight as a banjo string so extended it with a piece of electrical insulator and superglued (and taped) the electrical insulator to the old valve. Not sure how long it will last but at least I didn't have to re-route the whole pipework... and cost me nothing but an hours work! Thanks all for the support, I wouldn't have known where to even start looking without you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts