Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Several people have asked for a new SLK Calendar for 2012. So I've decided to make one. This will be done through zazzle with 0% of the proceeds going to me, which should make the calendars pretty cheap.

However, I need your help!! Please attach to an email the very best SLK pictures you have for inclusion in the calendar. Please limit yourself to 3 pictures, attach the largest size of the image(s) that you have available.

Send the email to: [email protected].

Note: my email server rejects messages over 10MB in size, so it is best to attach each image to a separate email!

You can choose to sign your SLKWorld username in the email so I know who you are, but the usernames will not be used anywhere on the final product.

Deadline for picture submissions: Sunday, November 20th, 2011.

We're looking to include a nice mix of all 3 models in the calendar. Interesting photography, cool backdrops, weather, clouds, views, etc increases chance of inclusion in the final product. People that have won Ride Of The Month should most certainly submit.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks for doing this Durk.

As much as I liked Discoducks picture (July ROTM winner) I thought it was a little strange having a snowy picture win for the month of July - Yes I realize the southern hemisphere has opposite seasons, but for the most part this forum is predominately NA and Europe.

For me to be interested in owning this calendar, the seasons have to make sense for what month im looking at. If I flip my calendar to August and see a snowy picture I wont be impressed, likewise seeing a Sunny desert (hot) picture for January would be odd.

Just thought id voice my 2 cents.

Again thank you for taking this on Durk, Im sure it will be awesome and I look forward to seeing the final result :)

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Thanks for stepping up on this Durk! 3 pics along with a brief note are in your mailbox! Again, thanks for taking your valuable time to do this for the members!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Sent 3 last night.

·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't received anything from poppymotorhead or frogfoot. Could you guys retry sending separate emails, with one picture attached to each? If an email is over 10MB in size, the server here rejects it.

I've updated the OP to reflect this restriction.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Thanks for doing this Durk.

As much as I liked Discoducks picture (July ROTM winner) I thought it was a little strange having a snowy picture win for the month of July - Yes I realize the southern hemisphere has opposite seasons, but for the most part this forum is predominately NA and Europe.
:)Not a issue for me as the car is being judged.

For me to be interested in owning this calendar, the seasons have to make sense for what month im looking at. If I flip my calendar to August and see a snowy picture I wont be impressed, likewise seeing a Sunny desert (hot) picture for January would be odd.
:)I agree. Great point to adhere to when in the calendar business.

Again thank you for taking this on Durk, Im sure it will be awesome and I look forward to seeing the final result :)
:tu:My THANKS as well.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Sent, not hi-res though unfortunately, I lost thoses

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Let me know if you want some night scenes like these:

·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Send them up Eddy. By the way folks, I need more 170 and 172! BACnSLK, send me your pix!!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
The challenge is getting a nice background without parking space paint lines, power lines, any advertising or signs visible, and someplace where you can park the car and not hold up traffic, cause danger, or attract the attention of law enforcement. :)

·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The challenge is getting a nice background without parking space paint lines, power lines, any advertising or signs visible, and someplace where you can park the car and not hold up traffic, cause danger, or attract the attention of law enforcement. :)
So hop to it! I'm sure you love a challenge :D.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I've got some pics of my 170 but most are in the driveway, I'll see if I can find something where the background isn't a distraction.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.