Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the SLK breathalyzer to indicate if Im impaired before I get behind the wheel a few days ago.
If you see * double * don't drive { or have someone else take the pics cause you shake to much to be behind a camera }.
Install took only a couple minutes on each door.
Well worth the time and money in my opinion.
Pic attached for your amusement.

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
So I installed the SLK breathalyzer to indicate if Im impaired before I get behind the wheel a few days ago.
If you see * double * don't drive { or have someone else take the pics cause you shake to much to be behind a camera }.
Install took only a couple minutes on each door.
Well worth the time and money in my opinion.
Pic attached for your amusement.
Got link to the supplier? It doesn't have to be the "breathalyzer" version :grin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grabbed them off Ebay from a USA supplier, figured they would arrive quicker than ordering from the China supplier.
The guy had a chart to confirm year and model of cars it would fit so it worked out ok.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tight fit

Just ordered this version from a local California supplier (from flebay): 2x Ghost LED Door Courtesy Laser Light for Mercedes Benz C-Class SLK CLK GLK AMG | eBay
On my 2006 there are no screws holding it in place.
You just have to stick a small flathead screwdriver under one end and pry it out.
There is enough slack in the wire so you can get at the connection, you just have to tug on the socket so the wire can be pulled forward exposing the connection.
Once you reconnect the wires to the new Ghost light push that end in place first.
I had to use a very small screwdriver to help guide the other end in place as it is a tight fit.
Don't use too much force as it might crack the new casing.
Apply just enough force to push the wire side all the way forward while pushing down on the opposite end.
I seen a video where it stated if the light doesn't work you should pull out the bulb, rotate the direction 180 and replace it and it should work.
Let me know how the install goes ...
PS. If you ever see double circles when you open the door don't drive call a cab lol.
cheers

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
On my 2006 there are no screws holding it in place.
You just have to stick a small flathead screwdriver under one end and pry it out.
There is enough slack in the wire so you can get at the connection, you just have to tug on the socket so the wire can be pulled forward exposing the connection.
Once you reconnect the wires to the new Ghost light push that end in place first.
I had to use a very small screwdriver to help guide the other end in place as it is a tight fit.
Don't use too much force as it might crack the new casing.
Apply just enough force to push the wire side all the way forward while pushing down on the opposite end.
I seen a video where it stated if the light doesn't work you should pull out the bulb, rotate the direction 180 and replace it and it should work.
Let me know how the install goes ...
PS. If you ever see double circles when you open the door don't drive call a cab lol.
cheers
I have attached some old photos:

It is a tight fit. I may use a Dremel motor tool and a small diameter sandpaper drum to shave the rectangular opening at one end to effect an easier removal and replacement.

If I experience diplopia (double vision), I will try my other pair of glasses first, and call a cab or use Uber or Lyft if it does not correct the visual problem :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts