Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I've got a small problem:

I found a SLK Brabus 6.1 offered here in Germany. It is a very rare car, the combination of the engine in the relatively small SLK. The offered car is from 2010, has run only 20,000 km and only one pre-owner. I am going to check this. But the questions are:

Does anyone have more information about this engine: Bore, stroke, compression rate, … Brabus is a bit reluctant in providing this information and I haven’t found anything good or detailed in the internet.

I remember a very supportive and knowing guy here some years ago, DansSLK. He drove such a car, but he is gone since a while. Does anybody how to contact him?
I would like to know special things I should look at with regards to this engine, before and when I make the test drive.

Thanks and regards
Bernd

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,287 Posts
Dan was on a few months ago and then disappeared again
He no longer has an slk if I remember correctly

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
911 Posts
Yeah, that is a crazy price for a car that old. You could buy a 55 and have it supercharged for far less and blow it out of the water. For reference I got my 2006 Kleemann S8 with 596hp and 13.5k miles for under half that price. The mileage is similar, mine is 4 years older, but more heavily modified.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, thanks so far.
@jet_fl: Those articles I've found, all around 2004 -2006 when this engine was introduced for the SLK.
@TFP: I am considering exactly this car. I will check it in three weeks before I go to my holidays in North Italy.

The price is really the point beside the general light information about this engine. I understand that this car is more expensive than others of this age and milage, but that much? I've got the original invoice from the dealer, the car was ordered with this engine. Just the Brabus upgrades, transport to the dealership and registration (German TÜV to make mods legal) for 52.000 € in 2010.

I am interested in it, because it is very carefully modified with regards to optical aspects, and for sure the engine, displacement and naturally aspirated.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,190 Posts
Price is in the eye of the beholder.

I do not know, but expect the Brabus is rarer than Kleemann AND it was done from the start.

Nice car.

My one gripe would be the limiter due to tyres.
If I was buying and there weren't suitable tyres to handle it, I'd walk.
Setting up a performance car and then putting a restriction in...just doesn't sit well with me.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
909 Posts
Seems like a lot of work and money for comparitively marginal performance upgrades. Get yourself a really good original 55, do some upgrades and buy a Brabus badge.

Sent from my SM-T285YD using Tapatalk

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,048 Posts
Sadly for the upgrade to 6.1 engine which is great but no other upgrades have been done or changed .

The Facelift Brabus should have many more additional upgrades as in interior / Exterior to make it stand out and look special
But it just looks like a AMG 55 but with a 6.1 engine fitted by Brabus .

Unless the o.p. Mods and changes the rest of the car to justify the price tag if he wants to veer that way ?

Brabus parts are Expensive and coming to be very rare to find on the Facelift 171 model .

I have a few . :grin:

But if it ticks your box Go for it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts