Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would love Mr. Chris Woodyard actually did some minimum effort and learn on the subject he is writing about

The same idea is carried through on the four-door coupes. The SLK coupe becomes the SLC, for instance.
Four-door? Folks, some b****d stole our doors! Don't know like you but I'm going to my dealer and demand two more doors. Unacceptable!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
But surely this will not apply to our 2 door cars...
a quote from the article is quite clear...

"The same idea is carried through on the four-door coupes. The SLK coupe becomes the SLC, for instance."

My SLK 200 will keep the K ... because it is small...klein 0:)0:)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
Another article states that Mercedes will begin shipping the replacement letter 'C' to all SLK owners in the 1st quarter of 2015.

·
96,275 Posts
All models and all generations to receive the letter 'C'.
Includes adhesive and instructions.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be good if they fix mess with engine sizes and names changing A45 to A20 for that example.
I agree. It used to be the engine size in liters. Now they are messing with numbers like in the CLA. I understand that a CLA20 AMG doesn't sound as nice as CLA45 AMG but I feel that is being dishonest. Maybe they are trying to state that it is equal in power generated as a typical 4.5 liter engine? Still, I like uniformity. I'm OCD.

·
Air Suspension Manager
631 Posts
So is there going to be SLE then? :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
I was suggesting K for klein (small) rather than using the politically-incorrect adjective kurz "short"...

... perhaps it really should be H for horizontally-challenged (politically-correct) ...???
(only being light-hearted.. )

can't see any reason why they want to change things... our car will remain as is....:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Here is a proper SLC:

By the way their reorganization of the model names does not include the S coupe (SLC => SEC => CL). So how is going to be called the S coupe?

With their new naming convention CL sounds more like a C class limo... ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I already lump all MB SUV-like products into two groups. The first group is the G. They all look about the same since the 70s. Second group is all else. I sometimes wonder if there is a real difference, but doubt I'd care. Anything that size is just a potentially dangerous pylon/blind area.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Another article states that Mercedes will begin shipping the replacement letter 'C' to all SLK owners in the 1st quarter of 2015.
Change the letters on a 16 year old car? I hate to disagree, but I doubt Mercedes would track down every SLK ever made and ship the owners new letters. I can see this for cars under warranty. I like SLK and this will only add more mystique to the designation "SLK". Similar to having a classic Datsun vs an older Nissan. Is the name of the forum going to change to SLC world and would you allow SLK owners?

·
96,275 Posts
Gotcha!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.