Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Without trying this, by cutting a CD with MP3s on it, how do I know if the CD player in my 57 SLK can play MP3s on CDs? It has, what I am assuming is, the bog-standard radio / CD... single slot, nothing special like COMAND and Sat. Nav. - just the basic thing, there's no MP3 logo on the unit itself, but I don't know if that is telling... no mention of MP3s in the manual...

Maybe all these things are telling in their own right... :) but I just wanted to check with the experts, as - maybe - my pipe-dream is that all SLK radios / CDs play MP3s as standard, hence no special mention of it?

Expecting a "no", but hoping for a "yes"... anyone know? I'm only trying to save myself a few minutes effort, I guess, as I can cut a CD pretty quickly... appreciate any guidance as always.

Cheers, DpM

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome Hippogriff!

I only know that the actual Audio 20 can read mp3, but I guess the first series hasn´t that capability :(

Lets wait and see if one of ours mates can help you better than me.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup... 57 is the latter half of 2007 and early 2008 - Sep. to Feb. actually, 07 would be Mar. to Aug..

I think that I will just dump a load of MP3 files onto a CD and see how (if) it works. Just wondered if anyone knew it wouldn't work for sure before I went to this - admittedly small - effort, only to be disappointed.

Cheers, DpM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.