Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my lovely wife to see a musical last night and had a great time. We had valet parked so when we left the car was right up front and ready to go for us. We happened to be walking out with some of the actors and they started complimenting us on the car. As we drove off another guy in the parking garage took a picture. It was a great feeling to see so much appreciation for the car. We own some pretty vehicles guys and gals!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,200 Posts
True! true!!! Glad you had a great time! I do, every day!

·
Registered
141 Posts
This car attracts a lot of attention, especially in smaller cities where people might have not seen another one before. I bought it for personal indulgence and I could be happier without the attention I get, but I can live with it, no problem.
Well, there is nothing wrong with looking like celebrities every once in a while (...as long as we do not believe we are, that is :biglaugh:)

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Indy must be different; in 11 months, I've had maybe 2 verbal comments(both nice, by the way) and maybe some looks, but for the most part, not much. Yes, I have gotten looks when I had the top down 2-3 weeks ago(and yesterday), but mostly the vibes I got were "look at that wacko driving with the top down in February..."

Reactions: Tibbett

·
Registered
343 Posts
living in socal near hollywood, beverly hills, westwood...

slk is very very ordinary and common

when u r surrounded by buncha ferrari,lambo, bentley, even couple bugattis...

slk is just a mere daily driver here :(

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
For the vast majority of motorists, the SLK is anything but a 'mere daily drive'...

I remember when we drove back home from Le Mans the first time (and the second time too in fact), the locals stand on the bridges over the autoroute and wave joyously at anything that looks 'sporty'. We had plenty of folks waiving at us. And in Rouen, people looked at the SLK like it was a spaceship we felt like minor celebrities...

The SLK is a special car, though I am biased of course.. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have had more comments on the SLK out in the smaller towns than I have in Indy, Galo.

Oddly my swapped 240sx gets a lot more attention than the SLK.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I have had more comments on the SLK out in the smaller towns than I have in Indy, Galo.

Oddly my swapped 240sx gets a lot more attention than the SLK
Same for my MR2 Spyder...but IT was RED :biglaugh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like to think that I drive stuff that slides into a crowd and becomes unnoticeable!

My family tends to disagree with me...

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Mark G... people in your area...if I may...are probably more big 3 and pickup truck oriented...and have NEVER heard of airscarf!
You got lots of attention that day in convoy!

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Mark G... people in your area...if I may...are probably more big 3 and pickup truck oriented...and have NEVER heard of airscarf!
JJ, there are Ferrari's, Jags, Aston Martin's, you name it, that frequent the streets of Indy, believe me. You'll have to do a road trip and let me show you around...me thinks you'd be surprised! Once, out for a Sunday morning drive in my MR2 Spyder, Melinda and I were going by a country club and a beeeeutiful Ferrari flashed his lights at us...he thought it was in Ferrari :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You got lots of attention that day in convoy!
Were they young, good looking and female :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I would never tell....HEY MELINDA IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!

Sadly what I recall was another convoy of guys pulling boats...but their jaws were agape.

Were the boats BIG...:biglaugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.