Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering has anyone notice that the wheel is painted in the spoke and not the outer lip. I have curb rash on it, what I did was sand it down smoothly and try to use "mother" mag alloy wheel polish and spray some clear coat on top of that. Instead of spraying brilliant silver, cause all i'm doing is keep it simple like the factory set up nothing fancy but removing the curb rash.

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-class-diy/54673-diy-alloy-wheels-boring-sexy-how-video.html

I watched this video and the wheel were painted

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, a couple,of.my wheels need restoration so I have noticed the polish vs. painted areas. I have used several different clears on wheels in the past and they all have yellowed. What kind of clear did you use?

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's a very good thread. Thanks for posting the link.

I still am curious what people can use as a successful clearcoat to go directly over the brushed aluminum outer edge.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a couple,of.my wheels need restoration so I have noticed the polish vs. painted areas. I have used several different clears on wheels in the past and they all have yellowed. What kind of clear did you use?
Sorry, I'm still working on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.