Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for some dimensions off the SLK exhaust. I am going down the x pipe route first of all and have found some suppliers that have flared ends and fasteners with the X configuration. I've found a few sources that say the exhaust diameter is 2.75" and 3" but need to know for sure so I can order the correct one.

Also the two pipes that run into the resonator ( which will be going ) I need to know the distance between the 2 pipes CTR. A few of you on here have done this hence why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance,

Olly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi All
I can not help you with the diamensions your looking for as it's along time ago I ordered my Xpipe , but I only have one question are you sure your ready to start down this path , An Xpipe leads to removing two Cats that leads to sports headers & that's lead to the dark side . So be careful my young friend

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All

I can not help you with the diamensions your looking for as it's along time ago I ordered my Xpipe , but I only have one question are you sure your ready to start down this path , An Xpipe leads to removing two Cats that leads to sports headers & that's lead to the dark side . So be careful my young friend

Cheers

Andy

Haha, all with good time elder !

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,089 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At standard it's nice. Cold starts and full loud peddle is sweet but it sound withheld. So to speak ;)

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Hi Olly

I don't know the distance between the 2 pipes, but the exhaust is 2.5" diameter. Check out the x-pipe link in my signature for details of the exhaust work I had done to mine (full custom x-pipe to replace centre resonator and secondary cats).

Others bought the Magnaflow x-pipe, and had that fitted into their exhaust system in place of the centre resonator (and some deleted secondary cats too).

Here's a link to the type of x-pipe you need, if you decide to use the Magnaflow: 2.5" inch 63mm Magnaflow Stainless Steel X-Pipe X Pipe Crossover Exhaust 10791 | eBay

I have the section that was removed buried somewhere in my loft, so I can go and measure parts of it for you at some point, if needed and if nobody else has easier access to theirs to help.

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
606 Posts
As we live in the UK I'm curious....

How do you go about passing emissions testing during an MOT?

Or when it comes to MOT tests, do you simply....

.....'know a man who can'.........:deal

:wink:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Leaving the cats as they are will allow it to go through a legit main dealers MOT. The x pipe replaces a resonator which isn't strictly required.

·
94,089 Posts
You mean my 55 AMG subframe? Just fine thanks :D

·
94,089 Posts
don't know. I want to assume yes it being wider in stance

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

Even with both the centre resonator and the secondary cats removed, my car still passes the UK MOT without any issue (I guess the primaries, which I still have in place, must be doing most of the emissions reducing work)... check out the relevant link in my signature for details of each of the required emissions measurements. :tu:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Hi Dave,

here is a link to the one I'm looking at. The supplier can do different setups so if you can get that measurement it would be sweet ! It looks very well made for the £££ and i could fit it my self in the spring :)

2.5" 63mm Exhaust Stainless Steel X Pipe Section Divider Bolt On | eBay
I'll try to find the bit that was taken out sometime over then next couple of days... might take a little while as Jono 'hid' it up there when we were tidying the garage recently! :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Even with both the centre resonator and the secondary cats removed, my car still passes the UK MOT without any issue (I guess the primaries, which I still have in place, must be doing most of the emissions reducing work)... check out the relevant link in my signature for details of each of the required emissions measurements. :tu:
Nice one Dave - that answers that >:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts