Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All
Just traded in my Maserati Spyder for a 2005 SLK 55so wanted to say hi.
Based in Birmingham City by the Mailbox.

First question, I have bought one of the modules for the soft top but have fount the instructions are for a LHD and it looks a bit more complicated on mine.

Anyone know a good indy in Birmingham who would fit it without charging the earth?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California. Birmingham City in the UK?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Woolly is in NE England and John (UK-C200) is somehwere in southwest London, IIRC, unless traveling for work or holiday. What roof control module did you get? Is it the SmartTop?

Woolly is compensated by chasing flocks of sheep, and John with a Vente Latte from Charbucks :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
I got this one from Germany, a friend of mine had one on his 350(I think it was)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-SLK-R171-Verdeck-Komfort-Modul-Tagfahrlicht-/230640525259?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item35b33f1fcb

It was fitted when he bought it though so no help from him.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Hi
I got this one from Germany, a friend of mine had one on his 350(I think it was)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-SLK-R171-Verdeck-Komfort-Modul-Tagfahrlicht-/230640525259?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item35b33f1fcb

It was fitted when he bought it though so no help from him.
Prolly similar in procedure to SmartTop in the install process. Check the DIY section on SmartTop install as a guide, towards the end are photos and narrative on RHD install (as a variant of LHD). RHD vehicles draw power from the behind the headlamp rotary switch.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Well, I'm headed in the wrong direction this trip, but looks like a SmartTop clone - so suspect that the install would be about the same.

Bunch of us are wandering across Wales chasing sheep first weekend in August, if you were to join us, could almost guarantee you'd leave with a smile on your face and the module installed! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
Thanks, do you have anymore info as I will probably take you up on that offer, it will give me chance to have a good listen to the x-pipe I am having fitted on Saturday.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi Craig, welcome from NE England (via Manchester ).. The only major difference between LHD & RHD is where you pick up the +12V feed from. On RHD, the easiest place is behind the headlight switch. It also is easier if you undo the single fastener holding the accelerator pedal assy. to the floor - this allows you to lift the carpet up a bit more.

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
Another Hi from London, I'm originaly from Brum
In fact going back on saturday for the night!

I know of a couple of people who have used Andrew Gayle MB Services Ltd.
1 Tramway
Smethwick
West Midlands
B66 1NR

He seems to be pretty good, i guess it's not a million miles from the mail box, think they do a collect and deliver service too!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts