Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a used E 55/63 WAGON for the past few years w/ little luck. Either the way wrong (for us) paint or interior color, too many miles, etc... Plus they tend to send < 50/year to the US and did not make any in 2010 or 2011 as far as I can tell. We saw a new '12 at the AMG preview night at the NYC auto show and we both fell in love w/ it.

So... w/ the bosses permission (she's a very good wife) we just put down the deposit on a 2013 E63 AMG wagon!!!

Details in the attached pdf. Now the wait begins!

Attachments

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations !!!

Very well optioned and appointed. Uber nice :tu:

Reactions: dltslk

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Why do I get the feeling you are going to be demoralizing a lot of young whippersnappers who have to admit to their friends that their hot rod just got smoked by a station wagon !

Remember to post Pics when it gets here !

Gene

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do I get the feeling you are going to be demoralizing a lot of young whippersnappers who have to admit to their friends that their hot rod just got smoked by a station wagon !
Yeah, we're trying to decide if we want to debadge it, the uber stealth machine!

And of course the head of MB Buckhead's performance team says "You know we've been able to tune the 5.5 biturbo's up to 660 hp no problem" I said thanks Kevin but I can live w/ 518 for a while.:D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,726 Posts
Yeah, we're trying to decide if we want to debadge it, the uber stealth machine!

And of course the head of MB Buckhead's performance team says "You know we've been able to tune the 5.5 biturbo's up to 660 hp no problem" I said thanks Kevin but I can live w/ 518 for a while.:D
Rebadge 220cdi :tu: leave them :tazz: mad he he he

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rebadge 220cdi :tu: leave them :tazz: mad he he he
LOL, Now that would confuse the MB dealers since we only get the E wagon as 350 and 63.:)

:tu:Congratulations David & Boss. New MB, plus ///AMG. Great combination.
Thanks Don, need to order some biker helmets for the dogs when they're riding in the back!:biglaugh:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
The E63 wagon's here in the UK are the ultimate stealth-mobiles. There's a debadged one up the road that constantly makes M3 owners pout! :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it appears the our E63 wagon is going to have a gestation period approaching a human child. The order was placed in May and I got this e-mail from our salesman this past Saturday...

"Hi David,
You will not believe this……..your AMG dropped into the inventory today. It’s set for OCT. build. This is great news as I had another client’s car drop yesterday. They must be catching up on production,"

So giving build time and shipping across the pond it's going to be a very nice Thanksgiving/Christmas present for us. I guess that's what you get when it's a order only, limited production/limited build slots machine.

But at least we have progress and a build date!:tu:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, that car looks so awesome! A 'normal' stationwagen with V8 power :p
Here in Europe the taxes are too high to afford one of these engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.