Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a small leak from the cam covers so want to change the gaskets to keep it dry. I can find the gaskets which I have read people recommend sealant as well but there also seem to be some other bolt holes which in the pics people put sealant on (I can't see if they also have a new seal).

Are there any proper seals for these I should be buying as well? - I really don't want to take the covers off to find I haven't got everything I need.

Thanks

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,438 Posts
If this is for the M113, from what I've experienced the sealant goes on the "upper" part of the valve covers. because they split into 2 pieces. mine were leaking from the upper seal and the lower. you can purchase the lower gasket anywhere, but the upper part requires some "gasket maker".

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, half done. I have swapped the RH one but the LH may have to wait a little longer. The breather hose feels a little brittle so I think the moment I try to remove this it will most likely crack.

I have cleaned it up a bit and it may just be from the cap but since I have the gasket now, I will try to find the part number of the breather and get one of these just for piece of mind.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
50 Posts
did my LH one last month (RH done by previous owner) with gasket and sealant for top plates, had to dis connect fuel feed, all o.k so far

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.